Saturday, November 07, 2009

THE LAST MARTINI

No, no, there's no reason to panic, dear reader. I have not given up the Blessed Vodka to join the rest of my gay brethren aboard that grimmest of train rides, The 12 Step Express.



While I admire those who have made it through "The Program" (and frankly, I'd LOVE to be able to blame my sometimes appalling behavior on SOMETHING other than my own stupidity!) I'm afraid my addictions sustain me and, in return, I them; besides, there are dozens of bartenders around the world depending on me to put their children through university, and who am I to deny the wee tots their education?



I am merely preparing for tomorrow - Day One of filming on my latest epic HARRIET THE SPY, featuring the utterly adorable Jennifer Stone -



- and a cast of "exciting newcomers" who are probably at this very moment tossing and turning in their little nuns' beds, memorizing their Oscar (tm) speeches in the hopes of being the next Marisa Tomei.



After four weeks of endless meetings, hours of driving around exotic Hamilton, Ontario in a mini-van to try to find locations which bear at least a vague resemblance to the upper east side of New York City -



- (we've done our best, but I'm afraid the expression "mutton dressed as lamb" does come to mind) and the seemingly boundless energy, talent and goodwill of all concerned, we are about to set sail on the good ship "Principal Photography".

Thus, to mark the occasion, I am having my final martini for the duration of the shoot as i pore over my copious notes for tomorrow's shots.



As is my habit, I do not raise even a single one of these little darlings until the final night of filming on a project is done, rather like the prize a long distance runner is given for making it to the Finish Line, or the piece of cheese a rat gets for ringing the bell at the end of the maze. For those of you who know me, can you imagine how good THAT martini tastes?

I know what you're thinking - "my GOD Ron, what kind of will power must you have?" Well, to misquote "that venomous fishwife" Addison DeWitt in "All About Eve" -



- I live in the cinema as a Trappist monk lives in his faith, and if those little hooded fellows could take a vow of silence in honor of a Higher Power then I can certainly put aside the martini shaker for a few weeks in honor of HRH Mickey Mouse.



Of course, the Monks had their wine, didn't they? So I suppose....



I mean, let's not be crazy about this.

Follow along, dear reader. For the next four weeks, we get to ignore Balloon Boys, Murderous Muslim Soldiers and all the rest of the drivel that gets pumped into our lives by the wretched mass media, and live in the FantasyLand which is A Movie. Fasten your seatbelts, to steal another quote from Mr. Mankiewicz.



The fun is about to begin...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Buy sperm pills said...

The setup looks good, Dont know about it's appeal.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous How to increase penis size pills said...

the world depending on me to put their children through university

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Best Gynecomastia treatment said...

I have less knowledge about these but I found it interesting.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Sexual enhancement gel review said...

bartenders around the world depending on me to put their children through university..

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Instant Performer sexual enhancement oil said...

The steps are good enough.Ron is leading his life in actually a wonderful way.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Maxocum increase low sperm count pills said...

Very beautiful picture you just share . Very loveable and informative post .

12:41 AM  
Anonymous VigRXPlus increase penis size pills said...

There are dozens of bartenders around the world depending on me to put their children through university...

9:10 PM  
Anonymous How to increase penis size said...

For the next four weeks, we get to ignore Balloon Boys, Murderous Muslim Soldiers and all the rest of the drivel that gets pumped into our lives by the wretched mass media.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Best Washing Machine 2012 said...

i like this kind of posts and also i enjoy to view old movies

12:50 AM  
Anonymous M190va-Review said...

I am so glad that you are back. Hope that your vacation was a great one and hope that you will write about it something for us.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Vigaplus erectile dysfunction medicine said...

Nice photos have been shared. i just liked them. Thanks for sharing..

12:49 AM  
Anonymous As seen on TV said...

Finally i found an article about this topic. A ton of thanks you deserve and the article as your entire blog is amazing.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous pay per head said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home